Tuesday 29 May 2007

The stupidity of modern hip hop

Super nintendo, sega genesis, when I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this........ yeah this modern rap. I mean I love old school hip hop as much as the next guy, but when I look at what hip hop has transpired into since the 90's, I can only shake my head in disgust. There is absolutely zero content to any new song. They all are defined by their pimped out Escalades on twenty-fo's and have 100 karat rocks hangin from their neck, representing how baller they are. But then you ask what makes them so hot, and they can only respond with the fact that they have Escalades with twenty-fo's and 100 karat rocks in their neck. There is zero substance to their character beyond all the big screen TVs, blunts, 40s and bitches that they have. This circular argument could go on forever. Michael Jackson was bad because he could heal the world and shit... these guys are hot just because they got stuff. Take the current #1 single that every white boy in America is bumpin out of his parents mini-van right now, This is Why I'm Hot by Mims. I'm sure you've all heard the song. He's hot because he's fly. Yep, you've proven why you're hot. We aren't hot because we're not. Brilliant logic once again, clearly QED. There is nothing more I need to say to prove my point.

I can only hope that in 20 years, the video for This is Why I'm Hot ends up in the same category as this 80s classic:



Yes, you got Rickrolled, sucka.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

blunts, bombs, bitches, beers, boobs, buddies, ballaz... i like the comparison to the 80s... i always see rap progressing like hair metal... incredible originators, decent imitators, looney clowns... then la revolution, which may be electronic music this time, or hopefully something crazier, like 3D MUSAK!@

Neil.V said...

wow that last comment was amazing

MAKE A NEW POST U FUCKING ASSHOLE
woah sorry NOT U FUCKER jokes

fuk u

Crocodile Hunter said...

The really sad thing about my beloved Australia and this is FACT is that the biggest selling single there ever was Rick Astley's

"Never Gonna Give you Up"

Maybe we should use that as the Aussie "rickroll".

Great blog mate

I too like the old rap such as "Fuck the police" by Ice Cube etc. The old stuff was more edgy but I dont mind Kanye West a little...